- For Reception class admissions or Year 6 children moving to Secondary School - these admissions are arranged by Shropshire County Council -
Children in England are now entitled to start school in the September following their fourth birthday and must start their education by the beginning of the term after their fifth birthday.
- As a Voluntary Controlled School criteria for admissions for Reception places are set and strictly followed by Shropshire County Council - Admissions Criteria.
Here at St.Mary's we appreciate the importance of making the right school choice for you and your child. We welcome visits to the school and are happy to answer any questions. We also have extensive transition arrangements to ensure that your child settles into school life and is happy in their learning.
All applications for Reception places are handled by Shropshire LA - so please make sure your form is handed in by the annual deadline!
Please note: Even if you are the parent of an older child who already attends the school, you still need to complete a Shropshire Education Services admission application form for a younger sibling nearing school age.
Parents who are considering sending their child to St Mary’s are encouraged to visit the school. Please contact the school office - we would be delighted to show you around!
- 23rd OctReception/Y1/Y2 - Open afternoon/evening by appointment. Parents sign up via text.
- 24th OctY3/Y4/Y5/Y6 - Open afternoon/evening by appointment. Parents sign up via text.
- 24th OctHALL AWARDS - parents of children who have achieved their Gold Award will be notified.
- 26th OctPD Day - School CLOSED to pupils
- Full list