At St.Mary's we follow the 2014 National Curriculum. Our focus is not just on subject knowledge, but on the skills our children will need in the future. You can follow the links below to see the outline of the topics the children will be covering. Most of the foundation subjects are based around these topics. It is taught on a two year rolling programme, but please note that sometimes terms are swapped around to accommodate educational visits.
Overview of Topics Link
- RE is taught following the agreed RE Shropshire Syllabus, which we have linked with the CE resource 'Understanding Christianity.'
- ICT will be taught through the foundation subjects but will also have a programming element.
- MFL (French) will be taught using Boardworks.
- PE covers athletics, games, gymnastics, swimming, outdoor and adventure and dance.
- Maths follows the White Rose "Teaching for Mastery" scheme of work for each year group.
Year Group Curriculum
2018/2019 - Cycle A
- EYFS Curriculum Autumn
- EYFS Curriculum Spring
- EYFS Curriculum Summer
- Reception Topics change with each cohort and several mini-topics will be covered each term - staff will send out details of the latest topic to parents. Information can also be found on the Reception Information Page.
- Yr 1 and Yr 2 curriculum (Year A)
- Yr 1 and Yr 2 curriculum (Year B)
- Yr 3 and Yr 4 curriculum (Year A & B)
- Yr 5 and Yr 6 curriculum (Year A & B)
- 23rd OctReception/Y1/Y2 - Open afternoon/evening by appointment. Parents sign up via text.
- 24th OctY3/Y4/Y5/Y6 - Open afternoon/evening by appointment. Parents sign up via text.
- 24th OctHALL AWARDS - parents of children who have achieved their Gold Award will be notified.
- 26th OctPD Day - School CLOSED to pupils
- Full list